This article is from the January 2019 Grand Rapids Magazine. Available on newsstands now or via subscription.
New year, new workout. Whether you’re tired of not reaching your fitness goals or maybe just getting tired of the old routine, it’s time to get out and try something new. Here are a few of our favorite fun, unique and effective fitness classes around Grand Rapids.
1. Hop on a trampoline and bounce the calories away with Sky Zone Trampoline Park’s SkyFit class — a dynamic full-body workout disguised as fun! (3636 29th St. SE, Kentwood)
2. Fitness classes at Fzique will have you wondering, “Is this a workout or a party?” These full-body cycling classes are set to high-energy music in an exciting, upbeat atmosphere to get you moving: “We dance on bikes, unleash our intentions and chant in the dark.” (740 Michigan St. NE, Suite 110)
3. Unleash your inner ninja with RockFit Ninjas, an “American Ninja Warrior” gym focused on obstacle course training. RockFit Ninjas offers training programs for all ages and aims to instill “courage and confidence to overcome the obstacles” life brings outside the gym, as well. (8830 Belding Road NE, Rockford)
4. Kick your workout up a notch with a group kickboxing class at CKO Kickboxing. All classes are adaptable to any skill level and members can easily work at their own pace. CKO prides itself on being welcoming and committed to making cardio workouts enjoyable. (820 Monroe Ave. NW, Suite 150)
5. The Dailey Method Barre & Cycle Studio offers both barre and indoor cycling classes for all skill levels, including a full-body workout class that combines the cardio and strength training of each. Plus, The Dailey Method offers in-studio child care. (1551 Wealthy St. SE)
Photo: Matt Grotenhuis at Sky Zone. By Michael Buck