After more than a year in lockdown, Grand Rapidians are making up for lost time. The rollout of COVID-19 vaccines earlier this summer led to the gradual return of in-person events and restaurant dining, with most readers coming to grmag.com to find out where to go next.
Sadly, 2021 was not a “post-COVID” year. Two beloved restaurants in April announced they had to close their doors because of the pandemic. A report on the loss of Osta’s Lebanese Cuisine and Rinaldi’s Pizza and Sub Shop was the most-read story of 2021.
The other top 10 most-read stories this year consistently cover restaurants, from new places to eat to highlights of the most popular places in town. A unique story that caught readers’ attention was the November/December print feature on local legend and WOOD-TV8 Meteorologist Terri DeBoer, where she discussed her book, “Brighter Skies Ahead: Forecasting a Full Life When You Empty the Nest.”
Top 10 stories at grmag.com
- Two local restaurants close doors
- Celebrate Fourth of July 2021 all weekend long with these West Michigan events
- 2021 Best of Grand Rapids Readers’ Poll: Food and Drink
- Downtown Holland to observe MLK Day with virtual event
- The Terri DeBoer you don’t know
- Kalamazoo to host synchronized skating championships next year
- 25 things every Grand Rapidian should do
- The king of hospitality
- Meijer Gardens announces 2021 events
- Going from DJ to MJ