The West Michigan Environmental Action Council and the Michigan Chapter of the Sierra Club will host six book discussions in February and March.
“The Muskegon County Community Read 2022 – What Future Will Muskegon County Choose” event will take place Feb. 23-March 31 at different locations and via Zoom.
The book up for discussion is “The Future We Choose: Surviving the Climate Crisis” by Christiana Figueres and Tom Rivett-Carnac.
The authors led negotiations for the 2015 Paris Climate Agreement. They also have written another book about some of the issues facing humanity, providing guidance on what governments, corporations and individuals can do to put climate solutions in place.
- 7-8 p.m. Wednesday, Feb 23, at White Lake Community Library, 3900 White Lake Drive in Whitehall
- 7-8 p.m. Wednesday, March 2, at Book Nook and Java Shop, 8744 Ferry St. in Montague
- 5:30-6:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 15, at Hackley Public Library, 316 W. Webster Ave. in Muskegon
- 7-8 p.m. Thursday, March 24, at Muskegon Area District Library – Norton Shore branch, 705 Seminole Road in Norton Shores
- 7-8 p.m. Tuesday, March 29, at Muskegon Area District Library – Montague branch, 8778 Ferry St., Suite 2, in Montague
The last event will be a trivia challenge with prizes from 7-8 p.m., March 31 on Zoom. Those interested in attending can contact Sarah Tresedder at (906) 869-4167.
More information is available here.