County road agencies throughout Michigan released lists of the best roads for viewing fall colors this year.
“This list of don’t miss fall color drives reflects the best suggestions from over two dozen county road agencies who know the best color spots in their area,” said Denise Donohue, executive director for the County Road Association of Michigan.
In West Michigan, fall colors are expected to peak the week of Oct. 7-14. Drivers can share their experience using #LoveFallRoads and posting to CRA’s Facebook or Twitter pages. Those who share are asked to include an intersection, the county, and the closest city or village in their posts.
The following areas in West Michigan were listed as top sites for viewing fall colors.
- Honey Creek Avenue from Pettis Avenue to Cannonsburg Road
- Bailey Drive from Vergennes Street to Lincoln Lake Avenue
- Fallasburg Park Drive from Lincoln Lake Avenue to Gavin Lake Avenue
- 5 Mile Road from Lincoln Lake Avenue to Gavin Lake Avenue
- Gavin Lake Road from 5 Mile Road to Belding Road
- Wabasis Avenue from Belding Road to 12 Mile Road
- Ramsdell Drive from 5 Mile Road to 11 Mile Road
- Q Avenue – 10th Street to 12th Street, Texas Township
- U Avenue – Fourth Street to Eighth Street, Prairie Ronde Township
- W Avenue – Eighth Street to Schoolcraft Village Limits, Prairie Ronde Township
- 14th Street – Lyons Avenue to U Avenue, Schoolcraft Township
- U Avenue – Portage Road to 23rd Street, Schoolcraft Township
- V Avenue – Canadian National Railroad to 28th Street, Brady Township
- 28th Street – V Avenue to UV Avenue, Brady Township
- 34th Street – UV Avenue to V Avenue, Brady Township
- Scenic Drive from Memorial Drive to Michillinda Road
- Along Lake Michigan shoreline and Duck Lake
- Lakeshore Drive from Grand Haven city limits to Ottawa Beach Road/Holland State Park
- Hayes Street from M-11 intersection to Berlin Fair Drive/the Berlin Fairgrounds in Marne
- Leonard Street from intersection on Leonard Street/S. Lake Avenue in Village of Spring Lake to Lamont
- Mercury Drive/Green Street/N. Cedar Drive from Grand Haven to Riverside County Park