The city of Grand Rapids Parks and Recreation Department will host summer outdoor fitness classes in parks and public spaces across the city for the sixth year starting Monday.
The weekly classes, held Monday through Friday, will be free and include 15 dance, cardio and yoga classes.
The dates, times and locations are as follows:
Mondays, June 7 through Aug. 23
- Yoga at Mulick Park (1632 Sylvan Ave. SE) from 6-6:45 p.m.
- SoulfulMOTION at Garfield Park (2111 Madison Ave. SE) from 6:30-7:15 p.m.
- Zumba at Rosa Parks Circle (135 Monroe Center NW) from 6:30-7:15 p.m.
Tuesdays, June 8 through Aug. 24
- POUND on The Blue Bridge from 5:30-6:15 p.m.
- High Fitness at 555 Monroe Ave. NW from 6-6:45 p.m.
- 30 Minute HIIT at Lookout Park (801 Fairview Ave. NE) from 6:15-6:45 p.m.
- Sunset Yoga at Lookout Park (801 Fairview Ave. NE) from 7-7:45 p.m.
Wednesdays, June 9 through Aug. 25
- Sunrise Yoga at Indian Trails Golf Course (2776 Kalamazoo Ave. SE) from 6:30-7:15 a.m.
- Barre on The Blue Bridge from 6-6:45 p.m.
- Kickboxing at 555 Monroe Ave. NW from 6:15-7 p.m.
- WERQ on the Richmond Park Pool Deck (1101 Richmond St. NW) from 7:15-8 p.m.
Thursdays, June 10 through Aug. 26
- Groove on The Blue Bridge from 6-6:45 p.m.
- Tai Chi Easy at Briggs Park (350 Knapp St. NE) from 7:15-8 p.m.
- Yoga at MLK Park (900 Fuller Ave. SE) from 7:15-8 p.m.
Fridays, June 11 through Aug. 27
- Zumba at Roosevelt Park (739 Van Raalte Drive SW) from 5-5:45 p.m.
“The free outdoor fitness series is one of our most popular summer offerings,” said David Marquardt, the city’s parks and recreation director. “We’re excited to provide another season full of opportunities for the community to get active outdoors in a safe way.”
No registration is required, and cancellations due to weather will be announced on the Parks and Recreation Facebook page and the department’s cancellation hotline at (616) 456-3699.