With warmer weather on the way here in West Michigan, it’s time to start thinking about the summer event season, which may include the added stress of COVID-19 precautions when planning for your big day or large gathering.
Restrictions are starting to loosen, but if cases go up significantly, large gatherings at weddings most likely will be prohibited.
Regardless of unpredictable weather events, current pandemic challenges or unforeseen hiccups, here are some tips to help you safely navigate your upcoming summer event or wedding:
- Tents are perfect for summer events and also offer better ventilation for gatherings as suggested to help prevent spread, based on CDC guidelines. They can go to virtually any location and can be customized to be nearly any shape and size to create the unique look you’ve always dreamed of.
- Make sure your vendors are following all CDC guidelines to help keep guests and on-site staff safe.
- Reserving items like patio heaters and sidewalls is highly recommended, as it may be a cool summer night, and those patio heaters can help keep your guests comfortable.
- As plans evolve, you don’t want to have to call one vendor for tables, another for a tent and another for dinnerware. Partner with a full-service rental company you feel comfortable working with and that can accommodate most, if not all, of your needs.
- As COVID-19 has put a wrench in wedding planning, shorter timelines are common and inventory items are all subject to availability, so don’t hesitate to reach out to vendors as soon as possible.