St. Cecilia Music Center will present folk artist Aimee Mann in concert on Thursday, February 29, 2024 on the Acoustic Café Folk Series.
“We are thrilled to bring Aimee Mann to St. Cecilia Music Center on the Acoustic Café Folk Series for our 140th anniversary season,” said Cathy Holbrook, SCMC’s executive and artistic director. “We are delighted that she has selected St. Cecilia Music Center in Grand Rapids as one of her tour destinations that include multiple performances at Los Angeles’ Largo at the Coronet and New York’s City Winery. We just can’t wait to meet her on February 29th for this very special concert evening!”
Lucky fans who act first will be able to see the eighties MTV Star known for the hit single, “Voices Carry” up close and personal. There will be 75 VIP tickets available that will be sold at $165 each and will include the following benefits:
- One premium reserved ticket in the first 15 rows
- An Invitation to a private pre-show soundcheck performance with Aimee Mann performing songs that will not be performed during the regular concert
- A limited edition cartoon booklet drawn by Aimee Mann
- A commemorative Aimee Mann tour laminate
- Merchandise shopping opportunity before doors open to the public??
- $10 coupon for “merch” shopping at the February 29th concert
- Merchandise shopping opportunity before doors open to the public
- Early entry into the venue
Mann began her solo career in 1993 with the album Whatever and made a name for herself through her independent success and the founding of her record label, SuperEgo Records. Along the way, Mann forged a powerful new sound driven by her distinctive singing style—stripped-down, folky, acoustic but also forceful and cerebral, exploring psychological themes with dark wit and an eye for the world’s ugliest power plays. She has appeared on many film soundtracks, most notably the score for Paul Thomas Anderson’s Magnolia, with “Save Me” landing her Academy Award and Golden Globe nominations for Best Original Song. Mann has also made numerous cameo appearances in films such as The Big Lebowski and TV shows like Portlandia and The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story, in which she sang an indelible cover of The Cars’ song “Drive.”
Tickets for Aimee Mann will go on sale Friday, October 20, 2023, at 10 a.m. at scmcgr.org or by calling 616-459-2224. A section tickets are $75, B section are $60 and C section tickets are $45. There is a $4 ticket fee per ticket.