A free summer concert series will kick off this week.
The Kentwood Summer Concert Series is set to return on select Thursdays beginning June 16.
Each concert begins at 7 p.m. on the lawn behind Kentwood City Hall, at 4900 Breton Road SE.
Food trucks will be on site for each event. Attendees can bring their own snacks and beer or wine to the concerts.
Community members also are encouraged to arrive early and browse the Kentwood Farmers Market, which takes place in the parking lot behind city hall from 4:30-7:30 p.m.
“We’re excited to offer our popular Summer Concert Series and farmers market on the same evenings again this year,” said Val Romeo, parks and recreation director for Kentwood. “Community members can gather for fresh foods and fresh tunes all summer long.”
Those who attend should plan to bring their own blanket or chair. Limited parking will be available at city hall and nearby Kent District Library — Kentwood, at 4950 Breton Road SE.
Attendees can find more parking at the Kentwood Justice Center, 4740 Walma Ave. SE; Kentwood Public Works, 5068 Breton Road SE; Kentwood Baptist Church, 2875 52nd St. SE; and street parking in nearby neighborhoods.
Events also will be livestreamed here. Recordings will be available after each concert.
2022 Kentwood Summer Concerts lineup
- June 16 – The Max Lockwood Band: A mix of rock and roll, folk and pop elements.
- June 23 – Out of Favor Boys: Southwest Michigan’s premier contemporary blues band.
- June 30 – The Soul Syndicate: Award-winning classical soul, R&B and funk group.
- July 14 – Par-llo Connection: R&B and funk group performing hits from the 80’s and top 40 tracks.
- July 21 – Cabildo: Alternative Latin rock with unique blend of cumbia, ska, folk and other genres.
- July 28 – Grand Rapids Jazz Orchestra: One of Michigan’s premier jazz ensembles.
- Aug. 4 – The Moxie Strings: Rock-influenced, progressive spin on traditional Celtic and Americana classics and originals.
- Aug. 11 – Brena: Oldies, top 40 hits, classic rock, R&B, country, high-energy dance music and everything in between.