The Grand Rapids Griffins are inviting folks, along with their furry four-legged friends, to attend the Jake Engel Memorial Dog Game Sunday, March 19.
Yes, you read that correctly! People, along with their canine companions, may sit in the lower level sections of 110, 112, 114, 116, 118 and 120. The price per pup is $5. This hockey game against the Milwaukee Admirals starts at 5 p.m.
ASM Global, which manages Van Andel Arena, DeVos Place and DeVos Performance Hall, will host a number of dog themed events throughout the week of March 13-19 in order to collect charitable donations for the Humane Society of West Michigan.
Dog Week events attendees are encouraged to drop off pet supplies before heading to any of these dog-themed events:
- March 13: Winery Dogs concert at DeVos Performance Hall
- March 14 & 15: Paw Patrol Live kids’ show at DeVos Performance Hall
- March 15: Paws, Claws & Corks gala and silent auction at Devos Place
- March 19: Griffins Dog Game at Van Andel Arena
When and where to donate:
- March 13, 6–7:30 p.m. before Winery Dogs
- March 14, 4:30–6 p.m. before Paw Patrol Live
- March 15, 4:30– 6 p.m. before Paw Patrol Live & Paws Claws and Corks
- March 14 & 15, 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. at the Humane Society of West Michigan
3077 Wilson Dr. NW Grand Rapids
March 19, 3:45-5 p.m. before Grand Rapids Griffins Dog Game at Van Andel ArenaThose who donate can enter to win two tickets to see Kenny Chesney live at Van Andel Arena on May 6, or a family 4-pack of tickets to a Grand Rapids Griffins game.
Rules: One entry per person per day. A total of four winners will be selected at random. One winner will receive two tickets to Kenny Chesney May 6 and three winners will receive 4 tickets good for any home Grand Rapids Griffins game through the end of the season. All supplies collected will go to the Humane Society of West Michigan. All donations must be new and unopened. Winners will be picked at random from all who enter on Monday, March 20 at 8 a.m. and contacted via email.