OFFICIAL GENERAL CONTEST RULES
SWEEPSTAKES TERMS AND CONDITIONS
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who participate on Grand Rapids Magazine’s official website and who are 21 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of the state of Michigan and is void where prohibited by law.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Grand Rapids Magazine as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
- Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on September 9, 2020 and ending October 2, 2020.
- How to Enter: A valid email account and internet access is required to enter this promotion. Entrants must vote on their chosen bar on the appropriate name/logo on Grand Rapids Magazine’s website www.grmag.com. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Grand Rapids Magazine. You may vote as often as you would like but will only be entered to win once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Grand Rapids Magazine.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT GRAND RAPIDS MAGAZINE‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: You understand and agree that Grand Rapids Magazine, anyone acting on behalf of Grand Rapids Magazine, and Grand Rapids Magazine licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
- Terms & Conditions: Grand Rapids Magazine reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Grand Rapids Magazine’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Grand Rapids Magazine may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Grand Rapids Magazine. Grand Rapids Magazinereserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Grand Rapids Magazine has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Grand Rapids Magazine reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Grand Rapids Magazine and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF the United States AND Oakland County, Michigan, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Oakland County, Michigan having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- This Campaign from Grand Rapids Magazine is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
- By participating in a Grand Rapids Magazine’s Battle of the Breweries, each entrant has affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.