Kellogg is giving Special K lovers a chance to beat the “Blursday” feeling with a kit containing seven cereal flavors and other goodies for each day of the week.
The Battle Creek-based food maker said its Special K brand is stepping in to help customers beat the viral “Blursday” feeling coined on social media — that every day blends together amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
“Feeling like you’ve lost track of the days? Like it’s Blursday, the 47th of Augtember? The Special K team is no stranger to Blursday because we’re living it in our own homes, too. So, we wanted to create something truly useful — and of course, delicious — for Special K’s biggest fans,” said Cindy Huntington, brand director at Kellogg Company. “While the concept of specific days of the week may seem totally made up right now, we want to help our real fans taste their way back to reality. Because just like how you can’t fake delicious, Special K believes you shouldn’t have to fake knowing what day it is.”
Special K partnered with experts at Twitter and @TwitterData to tap into people’s conversations and discover which Special K flavors Americans are talking about and when. The dialogue led Special K to match one flavor to each day of the week in a “Special K Blursday Go-Away” kit:
- Monday: Special K Chocolatey Delight
- Tuesday: Special K Red Berries
- Wednesday: Special K Blueberry with Lemon Clusters
- Thursday: Special K Banana
- Friday: Special K Raspberry
- Saturday: Special K Fruit & Yogurt
- Sunday: Special K Cinnamon Brown Sugar Crunch Protein
The kit also includes the following:
- Seven pairs of Flave-of-the-Day Socks, each labeled with the day and decorated with designs inspired by that day’s flavor.
- Flavors You’re Feeling weekly planner that breaks out each week with delicious cereal and a “you’ve got this” attitude.
The cereal brand is hosting a giveaway of the Special K Blursday Go-Away kits. People can visit kfr.com/blursdaygiveaway to learn more and enter to win. At the end of the entry period at 11:59 p.m. Oct. 4, 700 winners will be randomly selected to receive a kit.
More information on the brand is at specialk.com.