Grand Rapids is celebrating cider this week with Cider Week.
Tap takeovers, cider-and-food pairings at local restaurants and breweries, cider tours, and a festival are all part of the festivities being offered throughout the week.
Over 23 Michigan cideries are participating in the week’s events.
“It’s our goal for Grand Rapids to be known as the top region for hard cider, similar to how Napa Valley, California is for wine,” explained Paul Vander Heide, owner of Vander Mill and president of theU.S. Association of Cider Makers.
The public can enjoy over 25 events throughout the week, including:
- BYO(C) CiderTrolley Tour
- Grand Rapids CiderCrawl with Ciderella
- CiderCocktails at Stella’s Lounge featuring locally-produced cider
- Ciderand Cheese Pairings at Craft Beer Cellar featuring locally-produced cider
- Ciderand Food Pairings at Green Well featuring locally-produced cider
- CiderFamily Bocce Tournament at Sovengard
- Ciderand Canvas at Vander Mill – Grand Rapids
- Hard CiderFloats at Love’s Ice Cream
- Gillett Bridge Festival
- Great Lakes International Ciderand Perry Competition (GLINTCAP)